Thursday, 4 August 2011

Review Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2


Late I know but last week I went to go and see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Having not read the book myself I was in the lucky position of enabling myself to become totally immersed into the film.

After watching the red carpet London premier live online a few days before and seeing all the hype on tumblr I can't say I wasn't excited to see the final installment.

The film ties up the lose ends of Harry's childhood, his relationship with Snape, his parents relationship with Snape and Harry's connection to Voldemort.



At the end everyone got what they wanted from the film, basically a happy ending. We were given a somewhat ridiculous glimpse into the famous three's future and they all end up with their first loves, Harry and Ginny, Hermione and Ron, both sending off their children on the Hogwarts Express at platform 9 3/4, a bit of an unbelievable utopia but I suspended my disbelief and in our heart of hearts it's what we all wanted. Although I was disappointed that Harry hadn't become if not headmaster at least a teacher at the newly rebuilt school for witches and wizards, is there anyone more qualified to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts?


A truly heartwarming underdog's story

But who really comes into their own in the final installment is Neville Longbottom, in ways an orphan similar to Harry he most definitely saves the day.

Although some younger viewers struggled with the horcrux situation

Although the film may have been a bit confusing for it's younger fans, I heard a lot of them asking their parents about the Horcrux situation they could still understand the main gist of the film, Voldemort's defeated, Harry almost died but didn't and Ron and Hermione got it on.


The film was in a nut shell touching, it wasn't a comedy by any stretch of the imagination, although I've heard rumors that the book itself is even more emo, it was good that the urge to emotionally kill of anymore key characters was resisted. DH2 provides a suitable end to a very well loved series.

My heart has been well and truly warmed


Annoyingly the cinema I saw it in left some lights on at the back, but I won't hold that against the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting.
X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover