Saturday, 14 April 2012

Estée Lauder Double Wear


My first Estée Lauder purchase has been the double wear foundation. After being colour matched and receiving a small sample which lasted me a surprisingly long time, despite wearing it almost every day. I decided to make my purchase at £26 in a shade called You're so pale seek medical attention 'Shell'.

Although it is quite a bit more than I've paid for make up before I thought it would be a good investment. The product is of a very high quality and is a medium coverage without feeling heavy on my skin.

There's been a lot of other really positive reviews of this online and mine is no exception. I agree with the majority of claims that it lasts all throughout the day and rather than sitting on top of your skin sinks in. It doesn't look cakey and still allows you to have a dewy finish and can't be built up where you need it for higher coverage.

For me it covers well although when I first got it I found the bottle hard to work with. When it's full it's so hard to just pour out the tiny bit you need onto your hand, although you can kind of easily scoop it back in, I'd still prefer if it had a pump as at that price I don't want to waste a drop!

All in all it's a very impressive product and if you're happy to spend the money I would recommend it.

Follow Me: Bloglovin', Google, Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I am searching for a good foundation and will have to drop by the estee lauder counter some time. I hope they have a shade yellow enoyugh for me. You're comment about your pale skin did make me laugh :)

    http://beautyaddictsguidetothegalaxy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Mariyam. A good foundation is definitely a worthwhile investment!
      x

      Delete
  2. i want to buy this, i got a sample in 'OMG WHY YOU SO PALE' (Ecru). I love buying foundations :L on my blog i am letting my readers choose 4 foundations for me to try out and review, would love to hear what foundation you would like to read a review on. Just tweet me @kiamakemeup with the #projectfoundation :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Kia. I think they must be running out of flattering names for the pale colours. I'll have a look at what you've got and tweet you now my decision!
      x

      Delete
  3. I wear Shell too :) Its my holy grail foundation! I really don't know why i bother with any others, because they never stand up to this one! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Katie. I agree it sets the bar rather high for others to follow.
      x

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting.
X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover