Monday, 18 June 2012

Painfree Waxing?


Is pain free waxing just an urban myth?
Being a bit of a waxing n00b I toddled along to the local beauty salon today to try a special Lycon wax just in time for my holiday in a few days time. Costing a fiver extra than the normal wax I thought I would be in for a painless waxing sensation.

I was intrigued after a friend told me about a virtually painless wax she had so naturally I thought I should get it on this myself! I did ask one hair dresser about the lycon wax but being Thai she didn't have much to say about it as she explained to me that for her it's considered rude to talk about these things. But luckily for me there's nothing you can't say online!

Unfortunately the hair on my calves wasn't long enough to wax despite a week's worth of growth, probably because my pasty old legs don't see the light of day very much. 

Although I was cynical at first the wax did feel almost painless at first however as you would imagine it did start to sting a bit as she got into it. But really there was only one big painful rip of the strip which I think is quite good going.

Apparently there's different types of wax for each area based on how sensitive it is which looking back I don't think I got.

The salon charged me a whopping £35 which I thought was a bit much but it was quite a nice salon so you can't complain. Although I probably will try it again at a different place, I never really like the same person to wax me twice!

Has anyone else tried this wax or can help shed any light on how it's different to normal wax?

Follow Me: Bloglovin', Google, Twitter

8 comments:

  1. This picture is so painful ))) I go to the salon for waxing, can't hurt myself ((

    Please, visit my blog and follow me on Bloglovin if you like it. I will be happy to follow you back, just let me know in the comments ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Diana. I think if it lasted a bit longer I'd go to the salon more. :(

      Love your blog.
      x

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I like yours too! I followed your blog on Bloglovin and liked this post ;) Would be cool if you followed me back ;)

      LA By Diana Live Magazine

      Delete
    3. Yep I followed, love your pics of LA, looks lovely.
      x

      Delete
  2. I don't really like waxing but lucky enough I'm not very hairy and can get away with epilating and it not growing back for ages :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! Very jelous! Thanks for commenting Tanesha.
      x

      Delete
  3. your comment 'I never really like the same person to wax me twice!' made me laugh as I am the same, I am not sure why.

    Great blog I have started following you too :)
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. Maybe it's just because I'venever found one I like! :) x

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting.
X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover