Sunday, 29 July 2012

Sunday Nails: Gradient V1



Here's my first attempt at ombre / gradient nails. As you can see it didn't go too well but looking on the bright side I did learn a lot to take with me to v2... There's a reason why I've covered the index finger.

If anyone else is going to attempt these here are a few pro tips I learnt from this attempt:
  • Pink is a darker colour than purple, always make sure the lighter colour is a base
  • Always wait for the base layer to dry completely before putting on the top layer
  • It's not as easy as it looks when other people do it
  • Don't do too much sponge dabbing because your nails will get covered in little spongy bits which will dry on your nail.

Pass me the twisty nail polish remover. Time to get started on v2!

Anyone else ever had any nail polish disasters?

Follow Me: Bloglovin', Google, Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I always have nail polish disasters lol I have tried the gradient nails a few times and failed every time, you did great :)

    Brooke x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke. My second attempt was definately a lot better than my first!
      X

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting.
X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover